Visa Waiver Program :: Visiting Las Vegas without a Visa

How to Enjoy Las Vegas Hotels and Casinos

According to the U.S. Department of State, all international visitors travelling to the United States need a passport and in most cases require a visa to enter the United States.

Under the Visa Waiver Program, International travelers seeking to travel to Las Vegas can do so without a visa but are required to fill out an ESTA Application online.

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables citizens of 38 countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for 90 days or less without the need for a visa. The 38 countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program, are shown below:

Andorra Latvia
Australia Liechtenstein
Austria Lithuania
Belgium Luxembourg
Brunei Malta
Chile Monaco
Czech Republic Netherlands
Denmark New Zealand
Estonia Norway
Finland Portugal
France San Marino
Germany Singapore
Greece Slovenia
Hungary Slovakia
Iceland South Korea
Ireland Spain
Italy Sweden
Japan Switzerland
  United Kingdom

More Information on the Visa Waiver Program:

Check the latest important changes to the Visa Waiver Program passport and e-passport requirements.

Visitors from countries outside of the waiver program will need a nonimmigrant visa. For more information on obtaining a visa, visit www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/visa-waiver-program.

Visa Waiver Program rules

Visa Waiver ProgramCitizens from the 36 countries listed above do not need to obtain a visa prior to their travel to the U.S.A. To qualify for the Visa Waiver Program, travelers from these countries also need to comply with the following statements:

Length of stay in the U.S. must not exceed 90 days

Must hold a ticket, e-ticket or proof of the return portion and/or next destination

Fill out an I-94W form (also known as green I-94) to present to the agents upon arrival in U.S. territory (first point of entry). See a sample on the left.

Must participate in the U.S.-VISIT program.

Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)

ESTASince January 12, 2009, all nationals of the visa-waiver countries have to register their personal details online at least three days before departure. The Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) must be filled out before travel and contains information similar to that which used to be completed onboard a plane on the I-94W forms.

The application form can be filled out at the ESTA website.

All ESTA registrations are subject to an ESTA registration fee of $14.00.

Click here for Electronic System for Travel Authorization FEE: Frequently Asked Questions

Visa Waiver Program Restrictions

Please be aware that the US Visa Waiver Program has some restrictions. You need to be aware of these restrictions before you travel or you will be taking a chance of not being admitted into the US.

Click on each countries link above to read the rules and restrictions that apply to citizens of that country.

Visa Waiver Warning

The Visa Waiver Program is very easy to abuse but the consequences can be very severe.

If you visit the US on a Visa Waiver Program and over stay the 90 day limit. On your next visit, you will be denied entry at your first point of entry. Fortunately, that's the easy part. You will then be taken in for questioning, searched, fingerprinted, and made to sign a statement without a lawyer present. After all that, then your Visa Waiver access will be terminated.

Then you will have a record with the US Immigration Service / Homeland Security. Trust me this is not something you want associated with your name and passport. That's too much a price to pay for a vacation to the Sin City.

To avoid all these problems, make sure you do not stay over 90 days and make sure to hand that little green form back, when you are leaving the US. That's your only proof that you left when you were supposed to, since your passport is not stamped at departure.

Exceptions to Visa Waiver

Canada, Mexico and Bermuda are not participants in the Visa Waiver Program. The Immigration and Nationality Act includes other provisions for visa-free travel for nationals of Canada and Bermuda under certain circumstances.

Do Canadian travelers require passports to visit the United States?
Yes. As of Jan. 23, 2007, a passport is now required for Canadian visitors who will be flying or driving to the United States. For more information, visit www.passportcanada.gc.ca.

Consulates closest to Las Vegas

Australia: +1 310 229 2300
Canada: +1 213 346 2719
France: +1 310 235 3200
Germany: +1 323 930 2703
Ireland: +1 714 658 9832
Italy: +1 310 443 3250
New Zealand: +1 310 566 6555
South Africa: +1 323 651 0902
Spain: +1 323 938 0158

UK: +1 310 481 0031

*All consulates are located in Los Angeles, 270 miles from Las Vegas

Additional Resources

US visa waiver program
ESTA/Secure flight information

Las Vegas City Ordinance

As a visitor to the United States and the beautiful city of Las Vegas, here are a few things you should know about the City of Las Vegas. Laws relating to curfews, alcohol consumption, gambling, smoking and child car seat laws. Click here for more information.

Related Content

Cheap Flights Travel Visa Free to Las Vegas
Travel Safety Tips Airline Terminology
How to Get Around CES Las Vegas
Distance & Taxi Fare from McCarran Airport

  • Social Media